About HASHIMOTO’S: TAMING THE BEAST
1) “Taming the Beast” is your go-to, patient-to-patient book to help you learn all the ways you can STAND UP to autoimmune Hashimoto’s disease and take control of it. You do NOT have to be a victim to this nutty condition, NOR do you have to “let it run its course”!!
2) You will start out getting insightful knowledge about the wonderful ways the immune system is supposed to work vs how it goes wonky with Hashimoto’s disease.
3) For the geeks out there, you can read about some of the genetics behind Hashimoto’s, as well as a chapter summarizing 46 interesting research articles pertaining to Hashi’s in one (or two) sentences each.
4) Like research? You will see a total of 241 footnotes throughout this book that will send you to either research articles or applicable information for further reading.
5) Get ready for FOUR chapters in this helpful book, fully pertaining to reported patient experiences and wisdom as a Hashi’s patients!
1) Why and how Hashimoto’s patients go years without help or awareness of what is going on
2) Patient-reported foods which were and are problematic for some, and all the symptoms
3) 43 most frustrating aspects of having Hashi’s as expressed by patients (especially about doctors)
4) And a BIGGIE: 95 short testimonies on what patients are using or doing to successfully lower their antibodies!
6) You will be made aware of, or reminded about, a variety of environmental triggers that can either birth autoimmune Hashi’s in the first place, or make one’s current antibodies worse. (Chapter 4). Plus of course, how to deal with them.
7) There is a chapter totally focused on Hashimoto’s inflammation--what it can do to you, inflammation labs, what to do about inflammation, supplements and foods to consider to counter inflammation, and short summaries of three ways to eat to counter inflammation. (Plus of course, good footnotes, and added URL’s in the body if needed)
8) Two excellent and informative chapters on different gut health problems to explore, or be reacquainted with, including symptoms, types under each category, ways to treat, and more.
9) Other examples of patient experiences inserted throughout many chapters
10) Different lists of patient-reported symptoms within different chapters to help identify your issues, for example:
- a chapter listing patient symptoms from the autoimmune attack
- another chapter highlighting patients symptoms of adrenal problems
- more about patient-reported hypothyroid symptoms that appear while on T4-only or being under-dosed due to a doctor’s incorrect reliance on the lousy TSH lab test,
- patient-reported inflammation symptom list…etc.
11) Each chapter has a lighthearted small drawing, pertaining to the subject, to send a friendly message about a serious topic, all drawn by Janie A. Bowthorpe, who is an artist.
12) There is a blank “NOTES” page at the end of each chapter where you can put page numbers to remember, or additional information you have gleaned in this book or others! That way, you don’t have to flip through all the pages to find what was important to you.
You are encouraged to underline, highlight, dog-ear, paper clip, and use the NOTES page at the end of each chapter. This is YOUR book to help you TAME THE BEAST.
You will also see scattered reference to the life-changing hypothyroid treatment book, now in an UPDATED REVISION, called “Stop the Thyroid Madness: A Patient Revolution Against Decades of Inferior Thyroid Treatment.” These are virtually companion books for Hashimoto’s patients in leading you on how to GET WELL