I am having problems ordering. What do I do?
- Problems with ordering are rare, but if you have them, there are FOUR potential solutions that you are responsible to try:
- refresh your page, or
- update your browser (such as Chrome, Firefox, etc), or
- try a different browser, or
- if a problem with PayPal, contact PayPal.
- If using PayPal or your credit card and you have a problem, get a good friend or family member to do it for you using their PayPal or credit card, and you can pay them back
How can I pay for the products (books, lab card, etc)
You can pay several ways:
- Stripe (which allows you to use your credit card)
- PayPal (and you don’t even have to have an account with PayPal to use them)
- Check (If you know you have plenty of funds, you can send a check to LGP at POB 1982, Estes Park, CO, 80517, but you still go through the ordering system to say you are doing to do that) This is slow as we have to wait on USPS to get it to LGP, plus then the check to clear.
* Paypal allows you to pay using major credit card, debit card, checking account or an eCheck/ACH. Note that using eCheck means a delay in sending the book due to waiting on approval of funds.
In addition to checks, Money Orders can be sent to LGP, but again, you need to use the ordering system to inform us of your books being ordered, address, email, etc.
How do I know whether or not my order was received by LGP and processed?
As long as you provided a correct email (review it!)...you will receive an email from LGP’s ordering system. Check your spam folder if you don’t see it. As far as the use of PayPal: check your account to see that you made a payment. Same with credit cards.
Are my payments secure?
Laughing Grape Publishing forces HTTPS for all services using TLS (SSL).
- LGP’s asset files are served only over TLS. LGP uses Let’s Encrypt to encrypt all data on this site with TLS.
- LGP connects to Stripe and Paypal for payment processing over HTTPS and verifies HTTPS certificates on each connection
We regularly audit the details of our implementation: the certificates we serve, the certificate authorities we use, and the ciphers we support. We use HSTS to ensure browsers interact with Stripe and Paypal only over HTTPS.
What is your shipping procedure?
Most of the time, all the books are in stock and shipped via USPS within “3 business days minimum after your order is received”. 🙂 There can be occasional exceptions due to demands, but not often. If there are any issues otherwise, you’ll hear from us. The ordering system uses the United States Postal Service (USPS) shipping. If you have any problems with speed of shipping or condition of packaging of book(s) received, you need to contact USPS, not LGP. Those are their issues, not ours, and we can’t take responsibility for what USPS does as a separate company. For more information about shipping times and practices, please see the Shipping page.
How long does it take for my book to arrive?
Remember that Laughing Grape Publishing is just that: A publishing company. We are not USPS or a postal company. Only USPS will be able to give an idea how long it takes for books to arrive. So do call your local post office to see if they have an idea. Many priority orders do receive an email with a tracking number, so also check that. If you don’t see it, check usps.com. Media Mail is super slow!!! Again, we have no control over that. For international orders, the tracking info can sometimes stop once the book leaves the US. Be patient. Don’t fret. We did our part. Now via the postal service, it’s on its way.
The information we receive from you is only used for shipping purposes and we do not share your private information with third parties under any circumstance. All other standard privacy laws apply. Go here: https://laughinggrapepublishing.com/privacy
What’s your Return Policy?
READ THIS CAREFULLY–there are no exceptions: Book(s) can be returned within 7 days only of receiving it (which we know about due to seeing USPS tracking), and must be returned in its original condition: spine tight, mint cover and mint interior. No exceptions to the mint condition. We do not sell used books. Book(s) must be accompanied with a copy of your order receipt. Refund will usually be issued via the payment method you used once LGP confirms that the item is in new, unused, tight spine, no-crease condition. Customer will pay shipping to return it. Refund will consist of cost of book only, minus 20% stocking fee.