Stop the Thyroid Madness: A Patient Revolution Against Decades of Inferior Thyroid Treatment (Revised Edition)
By Janie A. Bowthorpe, M.Ed
1) Issues with ordering on this page? Go here. (You do NOT need a gmail account to use this Google shopping cart.)
2) Changing your address to someone else’s? Read here.
3) Shipping cost alternatives? Use the drop down menu on the next page.
4) Book being sent outside of the US? Because of high US shipping rates, shipping is comparatively cheaper if you order 2 or 3 books, and give the extras to a friend or family member (or sell it to them to get your money back).
5) Want to use a US Check, US Money Order, or US Cash? Send this form to LGP.
The most passionate and best-informed patient revolution has begun!
Based on the experience and wisdom of ten years of patient experience, this is your patient-to-patient book, chock full of practical, comprehensive and user-friendly information about better thyroid treatment, more revealing labwork, and how to discover and treat conditions that accompany hypothyroidism—all to make you far more educated and pro-active when you enter your doctor’s office. One of the most detailed, patient-experience treatment books you’ll ever read…and read…and read. Get ready to highlight and underline, because THIS will help you get well.
US ISBN: 978-0-615-47712-1
German ISBN: 978-0-9856154-0-6
Swedish ISBN; 978-0-9856154-1-3
About the author: Janie A. Bowthorpe M.Ed is a thyroid patient herself who suffered for twenty years thanks to the TSH lab test and T4-only treatment. After her life made a huge turnaround thanks to natural desiccated thyroid and treating other issues due to a former poor treatment, she became a thyroid patient activist, author, blogger, phone coach, speaker and most importantly the Messenger of worldwide successful patient experience, represented by Stop the Thyroid Madness.
This “bible of thyroid treatment” contains most of what you can find on the STTM website, but much more:
- More detail about the history of T4 use and its failures worldwide
- The history of desiccated thyroid and its successes
- An entire chapter on the lousy TSH lab (Thyroid Stimulating Hooey)
- An entire chapter on T3 and how to dose with it
- More about hypothyroid causes
- More details in two extensive chapters on adrenal dysfunction
- A chapter about mental health issues with a tongue-in-cheek perspective
- An exhaustive addendum on how to interpret your saliva cortisol labs by adrenal/hypopituitary patient Bob Harvey.
- A chapter specifically for doctors
- Patient-to-patient information on dosing desiccated thyroid
- New case scenarios throughout the book
- Up-to-date resources.
What was added to the Revised Second Edition?
- A brand new chapter on supplements and good foods
- More details on adrenals, how to treat it with T3 or NDT (called the T3CM)
- Additional details on Reverse T3 and how to treat it
- More on Hashimoto’s plus Gluten issues
- Extra details on iron, ferritin, and labs
- Summary of how to read your lab results, plus how to prepare for labs
- A hormonal flow chart
- Updated changes and additions to EVERY SINGLE Chapter plus 36 new pages, all for the same price as before. You can’t beat it.
“When I created the STTM website, it was done to counter lousy advice I was seeing on the internet on certain websites—advice that was keeping patients sick. It’s goal was to educate the patient who in turn could take that empowering information into each and every doctor’s office and demand change…or find a much better doctor.
But…patients were clamoring for a book. And it was ideal, since a book can hold even more detail than a website without being overwhelming. People wanted something right in their hands to learn from, and to take into their doctor’s office.
So, I finally created the STTM book, and added a great deal more, as mentioned above. It has now been sent to over 31 countries, besides the vast amounts sent to the United States, Canada, Australia and the UK.
Below are just some of the comments I’ve gotten, which I hope helps you in deciding if you need the book, as well.”
What Other People Are Saying
“Hi. I just wanted to email you to let you know that I got the book, and my wife is reading it. She has suffered a lot, and is crying at what you have in there. It’s her. We are making an appointment with a new guy, a DO next door to our old one, and will know exactly what to ask for. Thanks for putting this together. Jenny says hi.” -Tom
“In my 20+ years of practice, I want you to know that I feel your book is the best clinical information out there and I appreciate the hard work you have clearly done to put this together.” -A doctor
“Janie, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. Your book is a godsend.” -Lorell
“All I can say is Wow and I haven’t even finished it yet. I have read four hypothyroid books and gained meaty stuff, but yours will be a classic, Janie.” -Victoria
“I hope several people will send this book to Oprah!! PLEASE send this to Oprah!! It may take that many to finally get her to see the light and get this message in the media!” -Pat
“I love your website but I found your book to be far easier to browse through. Thank you. Thank you. Oh, and I had a good laugh when I looked through your Glossary.” -Michelle R.
“Janie, I took the STTM book into my appointment with bookmarks and wowed my doctor. haha I’m on Naturethroid because of it. I just have to use it again to get a higher dose to get rid of my problems. Thank you really.” -Tracey
Shipping & Handling Costs
United States: (Problems with Shipping? See Note Below)1
Orders have two options.
- $6.95Priority Mail (USPS states 3-5 days)faster shipping/better treatment; recommended for speed
- $4.43Media Mail**WARNING: Media mail is much slower—the farther away you live from Texas, the longer it will take. To the East Coast, Media Mail has taken 3-4 weeks minimum for some; packages occasionally manhandled. Use at own risk.
- $7.96 US dollars, First Class Parcel International (slower)
- $14.95 US dollars, Priority International Mail (USPS states 6-10 business days)NOTE: some Canadians have reported to LGP that First Class took a good month to arrive due to the book being held in customs. Customs also seems to delay Priority, tho not as badly.
International (Europe and Australia): (See important note below)2
- 14.68 US dollars, First Class Parcel International, no tracking, slower.
- 18.95 US dollars, Priority International, no tracking, but faster than First Class.NOTE: Be patient. All books have always arrived, but may be slower than you like due to customs and distance.
1. PROBLEMS WITH SHIPPING?!
Laughing Grape Publishing is responsible to be timely in getting the book to the Post Office. We value that for you. After that, if you fail to receive your book (extremely rare) or receive a banged up package (rare but it happens), contact your local Post Office, not LGP. It becomes their responsibility after the book is in their hands.
2. INTERNATIONAL and CANADIAN CUSTOMERS: READ ME!
Remember to use the BLUE DROP-DOWN ARROW for the correct INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING to your destination. i.e. “US Priority” mail shows automatically and is NOT for countries outside of the US, and the order will be cancelled. P.S. If nothing shows when you click on the blue drop down arrow, sign in again!